Digital Illustration Finals

Here are the completed paintings from last semester's digital illustration class.  They really helped me to come up with a final design for Lani and Mr. Robocop here, which are on their way to being fully-realized 3D animated characters.  I am working on them today, but sadly Maya does not come as naturally to me as drawing does so they don't look as great as I wished they did.  :(

This is also my first ever attempt at any sort of painterly illustrative style, digital or otherwise.  I'm sure it shows. Some of them are more unfinished than others, but I'm basically satisfied with how much I've learned the past few months.  

I really want to buy a Cintiq now - I got to use one in the lab while working on these and there's really nothing else like it.  I think I've gotten spoiled, because now regular tablets just feel awkward. 





You Might Also Like

0 comments